Since becoming Speaker, John Bercow has used the following phrases:
- “Too much noise” - 53 times
- “The House must come to order” - 46 times
- “Calm yourself” - 13 times
- “You are supposed to be a statesman” (or similar) - 11 times
- “The public loathe/detest/despise it” (or similar) - six times
- “It makes a very bad impression on the public” (or similar) - four times
- “Get a grip” - twice
- “Should be heard in respectful quiet” - once
- “Take a pill if necessary, but keep calm. Take up yoga” - once
The Mogg earlier. Being awesome as usual.
My good friend Elizabeth over at rdatt drew a picture of myself and John Bercow being best friends
Do I win a prize for first John Bercow fanart
This is the most polite throwing out of someone I’ve ever seen.
(a silly little video on the House of Commons Chamber with a little bit of Bercow; more here)